MVS Super Iron Series
MVS Announces 2014 Super Iron Runner Series
The 2014 Super Iron Runner Events
(If you're not listed, please contact Will Meredith, email@example.com)
|1||10 Miles||February 23||Jones-Town & Country 10 Mile Road Race, Amherst MA*|
|2||Half Marathon||March 16||New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford, MA*|
|3||5K||March 30||An Ras Mor 5K, Cambridge, MA*|
|4||5K||May 3||NECC Campus Classic, Haverhill, MA|
|5||5 Miles||May 25||Baldi River Run, Haverhill, Ma|
|6||5K||June 1||Krit Classic, Andover, MA|
|7||5 Miles||June 15||RibFest 5 Miler, Merrimack, NH*|
|8||15K||August 31||GMAA Labor Day 15K, South Burlington, VT*|
|9||5 Miles||September 13||Lobster Dash, Ogunquit, ME|
|10||10K||September 14||Lone Gull 10K, Gloucester, MA*|
|11||4 Miles||October ?||Two Ribbon 4 Mile Road Race, Lawrence, MA|
|12||5k||October 18||Knights On The Run, North Andover, MA|
|13||Marathon||November 2||Manchester City Marathon, Manchester, NH*|
|14||5K||December ?||Pentucket Pride 5k, West Newbury, MA|
* indicates USATF NE race
Whether you are a competitive runner or a social runner, you can participate, and win in the Merrimack Valley Striders Racing Program.
Designed to foster greater team spirit and recognition in the running community, the Racing Program is a combination of the 7 USATF series races and 7 community focused races.
Run hard, run easy.
1. EXPAND TARGETED RACES – Added to the 7 events of the USATF/NE Grand Prix will be 7 additional events. The events will be no further than 10K, family friendly, and as local as possible.
2. PARTICIPATION INCENTIVES –
Awards as follows:
- Level 1 – participate in 5-7 events – Great MVS Gear.
- Level 2 – participate in 8-13 events – Even More Great MVS Gear.
- Level 3 – participate in all 14 events – “Super Iron Runner” designation, and a boatload of great MVS gear!
- The Basic Rules of the Road (Please also read the important information at the link above.)
1. In order to qualify for merchandise awards, you must be a current member of MVS and wear MVS "colors" at the Iron Runner events.
2. While MVS encourages membership in USATF/NE, it is not mandatory unless a runner wants to qualify as a USATF NE Iron Runner. However, to be eligible for merchandise awards, a runner may not be registered with a club other than MVS.