MVS Super Iron Series
MVS Announces 2013 Super Iron Runner Series
The 2013 Super Iron Runner Events
(If you're not listed, please contact Will Meredith, firstname.lastname@example.org)
|1||10 Miles||February 24||Jones-Town & Country 10 Mile Road Race, Amherst MA*|
|2||4 Miles||March 3||Claddagh 4 Miler, Lawrence, MA|
|3||1/2-marathon||March 17||New Bedford Half Marathon,*
New Bedford MA
|4||5K||May 4||NECC Campus Classic, Haverhill, MA|
|5||5K||June 2||Krit Classic, Andover, MA|
|6||5K||June 13||Hollis Fast 5K*, Hollis, NH|
|7||5K||June 29||Plaistow Old Home Day, Plaistow, NH|
|8||5 Miles||July 27||Carver Cranberry 5 Mile*|
|9||10K||September 15||Lone Gull 10K, Gloucester, MA*|
|10||5 Miles||September 21||Lobster Dash, Ogunquit, ME|
|11||30K||September 29||Nahant 30K*, Nahant, MA|
|12||5k||October 19||Knights On The Run, North Andover, MA|
|13||Marathon||November 3||Manchester City Marathon*, Manchester, NH|
|14||5K||December 1||Pentucket Pride 5k, West Newbury, MA|
* indicates USATF NE race
Whether you are a competitive runner or a social runner, you can participate, and win in the Merrimack Valley Striders Racing Program.
Designed to foster greater team spirit and recognition in the running community, the Racing Program is a combination of the 7 USATF series races and 7 community focused races.
Run hard, run easy, or volunteer.
1. EXPAND TARGETED RACES – Added to the 7 events of the USATF/NE Grand Prix will be 7 additional events. The events will be no further than 10K, family friendly, and as local as possible. The races have been recommended by memebers and with cooperation from the coaching staff.
2. PARTICIPATION INCENTIVES – Awards will be based strictly on participation as a runner or volunteer.
Awards as follows:
- Level 1 – participate in 5-7 events – Great MVS Gear.
- Level 2 – participate in 8-12 events – Even More Great MVS Gear.
- Level 3 – participate in all 14 events – “Super Iron Runner” designation, and a boatload of great MVS gear!
- The Basic Rules of the Road (Please also read the important information at the link above.)
1. In order to qualify for merchandise awards, you must be a current member of MVS and wear MVS "colors" at the Iron Runner events.
2. While MVS encourages membership in USATF/NE, it is not mandatory unless a runner wants to qualify as a USATF NE Iron Runner. However, to be eligible for merchandise awards, a runner may not be registered with a club other than MVS.