MVS Super Iron Runner Series
2017 MVS Super Iron Runner Series
Whether you are a competitive runner or a social runner, you can participate, and earn great MVS gear in the Merrimack Valley Striders Super Iron Runner series program. The goal of the MVS Super Iron Runner Series is to encourage participation by MVS members in selected races in and around the Merrimack Valley and promote our club.
Several races that proved to be quite popular in 2016 have returned in 2017 and we have also included a few new races that promise to be a great experience. You can start your year of with a choice between two great New Years Day races. We have also included our first trail race this year.
- New Years Day race - Participants have a choice of two different popular races.
- Volunteer point opportunities remain the same for 2017 as they were in 2016
Self Service Race Administration
2017 Super Iron Runner Events
2017 MVS Super Iron Runner Series Criteria:
- You must be a current (dues paid) member of MVS for the year.
- You must be running/walking for MVS (and only MVS) in the race and wear an MVS singlet or other weather appropriate MVS apparel.
- You must be properly registered for the race (no bandits or unauthorized bib swapping.)
- You earn one point for each series race you complete. When two distances are listed above you can run or walk either distance for the point. When only one distance is listed above you must run or walk at least that distance to get credit even if the race has other shorter options.
- You can also earn one point for ANY marathon or ultra marathon run in the year. (Maximum of one point)
- You can also earn one point for volunteering at any of the following MVS programs/obligations (Maximum of one point):
- Mount Washington water stop/parking
- Feaster Five Walk to Run Program
- Mill Cities Relay transition
- All Super Iron Runner Series participation for the calendar year must be logged through the check in link on this page by December 15th in order to allow for sufficient time for award levels to be verified and prizes ordered for the January club meeting.
There are a total of 15 points possible.
The race results will be audited prior to prize level determination.
Level 1 – accumulate 5-7 points – Great MVS Gear.
Level 2 – accumulate in 8-11 points – Even More Great MVS Gear.
Level 3 – accumulate in 12-15 points – “Super Iron Runner” designation, and a boatload of great MVS gear!